Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Top 10 Favorite Zombie Films

So I figured I'd start this off typically, giving everyone a small does of what my tastes are like.

My Top 10 Favorite Zombie Films...thus far.

Fortunately - it takes a lot to please me when it comes to zombie films although I have been known to enjoy a film solely based on it being just flat out entertaining; the DAY OF THE DEAD remake comes to mind, pure garbage but it was fun!

So thankfully this list hasn't changed much over the last couple of years but in time; who knows? I could see the ultimate zombie film and it could just cut right in there in the top five. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING can replace my top two favorite zombie films. They have been my favorite zombie films since my obsession started and are what really sparked my interest in the genre.

Anyways - I'll cut the blabbering and get on to the list.

10. CEMETERY MAN
9. FIDO
8. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968)
7. DAWN OF THE DEAD (2004)
6. ZOMBIE (1979)
5. THE LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE
4. SHAUN OF THE DEAD
3. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990)
2. THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD
1. DAY OF THE DEAD (1985)

Honorable mentions;

DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978)
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD PART II
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III
RE-ANIMATOR
THE EVIL DEAD
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS
THE VIDEO DEAD
THE ZOMBIE DIARIES
TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD
SEVERED: FOREST OF THE DEAD

I know I'm going to get all kinds of hell for not including the original DAWN OF THE DEAD and including the 2004 remake but don't worry, my explanation for that will come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment